How to get my two puppies back?

////How to get my two puppies back?


My son took my two puppies and gave them away. They're mine and the people that have them won't give them back. Legally the pups belong to my husband and I, our female dog had the litter. And the two pups is all she had. I'm so upset about it they're my babies. Part of our family. Please help me?!?


People who believe that their animals are being wrongfully withheld can commence a civil lawsuit (replevin action) to try to get their animals returned. The police can also be contacted (they enforce pet theft laws) but will not typically get involved in pet custody disputes involving family members.

PLEASE NOTE: Responses to legal inquiries are not meant to replace seeking legal advice from an attorney in your state. The materials in this website and any responses to questions are for informational purposes only and are not intended, nor should they be construed, as legal advice. This website, the information contained herein, and any responses to questions directed to this column are not intended to create and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely or act upon any information provided on this website or in any response to your inquiry without seeking the advice of an attorney in your state regarding the facts of your specific situation.

Send Your Pet Legal Question Now!

Elinor will field as many questions as she can and they will be posted here on this site. Due to the volume of questions received, not all questions are answered. However, many individuals have similar questions. You may find helpful information in the categories listed below.

Ask a Legal Question

By |2017-06-28T21:46:23-04:00April 12th, 2017|