I want my Yorkie back from a friend.

////I want my Yorkie back from a friend.


Hello, I let my friend take my Yorkie with the intent to pay me $3000 she was to stud him out and give me the money. I never heard from her and she has blocked me on all phone and social media. I want my dog back! I never signed his papers over to her. She has the papers and he is legally in my name. What can I do??


Breeding contributes to the overpopulation of dogs. People who believe they are owed money can sue to try to get compensated. People who believe that their animal is being wrongfully withheld can commence a civil lawsuit to try to get the animal returned and can contact the police, although the police do not usually intervene in pet custody cases. Most importantly, I hope the dog is doing well.

PLEASE NOTE: Responses to legal inquiries are not meant to replace seeking legal advice from an attorney in your state. The materials in this website and any responses to questions are for informational purposes only and are not intended, nor should they be construed, as legal advice. This website, the information contained herein, and any responses to questions directed to this column are not intended to create and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely or act upon any information provided on this website or in any response to your inquiry without seeking the advice of an attorney in your state regarding the facts of your specific situation.

Send Your Pet Legal Question Now!

Elinor will field as many questions as she can and they will be posted here on this site. Due to the volume of questions received, not all questions are answered. However, many individuals have similar questions. You may find helpful information in the categories listed below.

Ask a Legal Question

By |2023-04-21T20:34:41-04:00April 12th, 2023|