Victim of Animal Scam

////Victim of Animal Scam


I sent someone money for a dog and they took it then blocked me. Is there a way I can get my money or the dog from them legally?


People who believe that they are owed money and/or an animal can sue to try to get compensated or to get the animal. A complaint can also be filed with the Pennsylvania Attorney General. Sadly, there have been many animal sale scams involving payment for animals who may not even exist. Some attorneys general have taken action to try to stop the scammers and to get restitution for duped consumers. Next time, consider going to your local shelter/rescue and adopting an animal. There are so many wonderful homeless animals waiting for a loving home.

PLEASE NOTE: Responses to legal inquiries are not meant to replace seeking legal advice from an attorney in your state. The materials in this website and any responses to questions are for informational purposes only and are not intended, nor should they be construed, as legal advice. This website, the information contained herein, and any responses to questions directed to this column are not intended to create and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely or act upon any information provided on this website or in any response to your inquiry without seeking the advice of an attorney in your state regarding the facts of your specific situation.

Send Your Pet Legal Question Now!

Elinor will field as many questions as she can and they will be posted here on this site. Due to the volume of questions received, not all questions are answered. However, many individuals have similar questions. You may find helpful information in the categories listed below.

Ask a Legal Question

By |2022-10-26T13:55:26-04:00September 29th, 2022|