Friend agreed to watch my cat then her husband abandoned it

////Friend agreed to watch my cat then her husband abandoned it


I moved out of the state recently and my friend agreed to watch my cat for me. Her husband came home and chased him around the house and put him in a box and drove to a field and let him loose. Is there anything I can do?


First and foremost, I hope you get the location where the cat was abandoned and can find the cat. Animal abandonment is against the law. The police and humane society can be contacted to do an investigation. If there is enough evidence to prove abandonment, the perpetrator can be arrested. Good luck!

PLEASE NOTE: Responses to legal inquiries are not meant to replace seeking legal advice from an attorney in your state. The materials in this website and any responses to questions are for informational purposes only and are not intended, nor should they be construed, as legal advice. This website, the information contained herein, and any responses to questions directed to this column are not intended to create and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely or act upon any information provided on this website or in any response to your inquiry without seeking the advice of an attorney in your state regarding the facts of your specific situation.

Send Your Pet Legal Question Now!

Elinor will field as many questions as she can and they will be posted here on this site. Due to the volume of questions received, not all questions are answered. However, many individuals have similar questions. You may find helpful information in the categories listed below.

Ask a Legal Question

By |2018-05-21T16:55:12-04:00April 20th, 2018|