We adopted a great Pyrenees and he has anxiety issues and aggression towards our smaller dogs and cat. We would like to fix this behavior but cannot work with our local rescue organization to do so because of the adoption contract.
My mom and I adopted this wonderful dog not that long ago from a shelter. The day we brought her home we noticed she was urinating non-stop. We took her to the vet and the vet prescribed her an antibiotic. A few days later the urine didn't stop so we called the vet again.
A friend of mine fosters dogs and decided to keep a dog I was interested in after I filled out an adoption form for the dog. Should all potential families be given consideration in this process?
I bought a kitten at a pet store in early April. The kitten soon after the purchase displayed symptoms of an upper respiratory infection. I spent the rest of this month treating my kitten with antibiotics and she even stayed at the hospital for 2 days.
My husband and I adopted a 2 y/o lab/shepherd mix on 4/6/18. The dog was initially living in Texas then transported to Virginia in February 2018; the same rescue organization has branches in TX and VA, and they both coordinated his care. I had asked before adopting him if he had any significant health issues other than being overweight and was told no. We took him to the vet the day we got him and found out he was heart worm positive and has been since at least since December 2016, as he tested positive for it in June 2017 and it takes six months for the test to come up positive.
We adopted a cat on Sep 2016. We also signed a contract that said we would fulfill his medical needs, and if for any reason we were not able to, they would help us take care of it. The manager of the adoption center had offered to take him to the vet since he was overdue. She finally came the other day and told us she would take him to his appointments. Two days passed by and she never returned him and she did not reply to our texts or emails.
I want to adopt a cat from a shelter because it is going to be euthanized soon, but I am willing to take care of it until I can find it a home.